Come to Sunday Bible School each Sunday Morning
Assembly and Preparation Time: 9:15 a.m. Call to order time: 9:30 a.m.
Sunday Bible School teaches the Bible, the message of God Almighty. It prepares us to face life’s difficulties. Sunday Bible School helps to build strong Christian character. Sunday Bible School gives us the opportunity to discuss spiritual problems in small groups with those of the same age. Each group is lead by a Spiritually mature teacher who teaches sound doctrine.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
Come to Sunday Bible School Because … God Says: Seek ye the Lord while He may be found. (Isaiah 55:6) God Says: Train up a child in the way he should god (Proverbs 22:6) God Says: Search the Scriptures: for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me. (John5:39) God Says: Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16)
Sunday Bible School Study for the Fall Quarter – September, October, November 2018
UNIT 1: The Beginning of the World
September 2, 2018 -- The First Days of Creation – (Genesis 1:1-13)
1. Creation powerfully demonstrates Gods’ intention to be known (Genesis 1:1; Romans 1:19-20).
2. Only God can create something out of nothing. (Genesis 1:1-2).
3. God has not changed – He still brings order into chaos, substance into emptiness, and light into darkness (Genesis 1:3-5). 4. We can trust God, our Creator, to provide everything that we need (Genesis 1:9-10).
September 9, 2018 -- Creation in Sky, Sea and Land – (Genesis 1:14-25)
Practical Points: 1. In Creation, God demonstrates His Mastery over time and space (Genesis 1:14)
2. When God has spoken, it is so. We can stand on His Word (Genesis 1:15).
3. God designs all things to declare His glory and power (Genesis 1:15-16)
4. God Sustains all life in all its variety, according to His perfect plan (Genesis 1:22-23).
5. God’s Control and perfect plan, His creation is still good (Genesis 1:24-25)
September 16, 2018 -- The First Man – (Genesis 1:26 – 2:3)
1. We display God’s image as we fulfill God’s Will – (Genesis 1:26)
2. God uniquely created mankind to have a relationship with Him, to glorify Him, and to fellowship with Him (Genesis 1:27.
3. We care for the earth and all that God has created by recognizing God as the Owner and ourselves as Stewards (Genesis 1:28-30).
4. God finishes what He starts, In His way (Genesis 2:1).
5. We honor God when we serve for Him, when we Praise and Worship Him, and when we rest in Him. (Genesis 2:2-3)
UNIT II: The Beginning of Human History
September 23, 2018 -- The Man’s First Home – (Genesis 2:4 – 14)
1. God constantly reveals Himself so that all may know Him through His works. (Genesis 2:4).
2. God’s Spirit gives us life, and He gives that life its significance (Genesis 2:7)
3. God teaches us by example in His creation, even as He provides for man’s needs (Genesis 2:8).
4. In a World filled with enticements and options, we honor God by choosing Him daily. (Genesis 2:9)
September 30, 2018 -- A Suitable Helper for Adam – (Genesis 2:15 – 25)
1. Work has always been part of God’s design for man (Genesis 2:15)
2. Our choices either bring us closer to God or further away from Him (Genesis 2:16-17)
3. As we devote ourselves to God’s work, we see Him at work meeting our needs. (Genesis 2:19-20).
4. Men and Women are created with different roles, but they have equal responsibility to glorify God (Genesis 2:21-22).
5. Believers stand on the truth and goodness of God’s plan in a world that rejects Him. (Genesis 2:24-25).
October 7, 2018 -- A Reckless Choice – (Genesis 3:1-13)
1. Real trouble begins when Christians dwell on what God forbids and forget what God provides. (Genesis 3:1)
2. When tempted, remind yourself of God’s Word, believe it, and walk away from sin. (Genesis 3:4-5).
3. No one can walk by sight and by faith at the same time. Choose faith (Genesis 3:6)
4. Honest confession is the first step to reconciliation, not the last resort (Genesis 3:11-13)
October 14 2018 -- Dreadful Consequences (Genesis 3:14-24)
1. When we choose sin, we also choose its consequences (Genesis 3:14-15).
2. Sin destroys our relationship with God and exposes us to pain that God never intended for us (Genesis 3:16).
3. Disobedience allows toil and sorrow to infect relationships, activities, and places that once brought us joy. (Genesis 3:17-19).
4. God’s grace limits the consequences of man’s sin (Genesis 3:22-24)
October 21, 2018 -- The First Murder – (Genesis 4:1-16)
1. All life is precious, for God is the source of all life (Genesis 4:1-2)
2. God honors our faith in Him as we give Him the best we have to offer (Genesis 4:3-5)
3. Nothing in our lives can be hidden from God (Genesis 4:8-10)
4. Our life’s work becomes fruitless and difficult as sin separates us from God (Genesis 4:11-12)
5. God is merciful to protect us from the full weight of our sin. (Genesis 4:13-16
UNIT III: Cataclysm and a New Beginning
October 28, 2018 -- Worldwide Wickedness – (Genesis 6:1-10)
1. Believers build families on a shared faith in God (Genesis 6:1-2)
2. Satan seeks to defeat God’s people by tempting them to conform to the world. (Genesis 6:4)
3. God sees all, and God knows all (Genesis 6:5).
4. God’s grace is a daily demonstration of His love for us (Genesis 6:8)
November 4, 2018 -- Preparation for Deliverance – (Genesis 6:11-22)
1. Corruption results when man turns away from God (Genesis 6:11-12)
2. God is the Master Builder – always trust His blueprint (Genesis 6:14-16).
3. God is faithful to His covenant people, and we can trust His promises (Genesis 6:18).
4. God’s power in nature allows all mankind to see His work and believe (Genesis 6:19-20)
November 11, 2018 -- Safety in the Ark – (Genesis 7:1-10)
1. God always provides for those who will obey Him (Genesis 7:1-2).
2. Even as we see God’s love in His provision, we recognize His holiness in His Judgment (Genesis 7:3-4)
3. When God gives us a plan, we must follow through (Genesis 7:7)
4. In grace and in judgment, believers can count on God to keep His Word. (Genesis 7:8-10)
November 18, 2018 -- The Great Flood – (Genesis 7:11-24)
1. God allows men and women time to repent because He is gracious (Genesis 7:11).
2. God place limits on the severity of His judgment because He is gracious. (Genesis 7:12).
3. Obedience demonstrates our faith and places us in Gods’ protection (Genesis 7:13-14).
4. God is holy and cannot tolerate or compromise with sin (Genesis 7:17-20)
5. Sin brings death, while faith in God gives life (Genesis 7:23-24).
November 25, 2018 -- Thanksgiving and a Promise – (Genesis 8:15-22)
1. Waiting is difficult, but we trust God, who knows the road ahead (Genesis 8:15).
2. Caring for God’s creation honors Him (Genesis 8:16).
3. Only God can restore what sin has destroyed (Genesis 8:17)
4. As the One who delivers us from our trials, God deserves our praise and worship (Genesis 8:20).
5. Praise and Worship leads us to see our sins in the light of God’s holiness, grace, and glory (Genesis 8:21).
6. God shows faithfulness to mankind, and believers respond to Him with Praise and Worship (Genesis 8:22)